Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Lost to a Dodge Neon SRT-4

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Man. . .those guys are FAST. He had a carlength on me at the beginning of 4th gear. Started racing at the beginning of 2nd. Sadly, I had a full carload (3 passengers). [img]frown.gif[/img]

    All that performance for under $20k? What's this world coming to? [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 05, 2003 02:28 PM: Message edited by: 217gsr ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner 96IntegraRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    657
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Isn't it frustrating to haul people around and get into a "race"? I share your pain - way back when I first was at 6psi untuned with 3 in the car I got dusted on the - highway - (remember I have an RS with long gears) by a STOCK Civic. Ouch.

    Looking forward to see if anyone brings one to the track....

    0-60 mph 5.34 s
    14.14 s @ 101.29 mph

    Holy Sh*t!!! STOCK? Wow.... might have to get a Chrysler! [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 05, 2003 03:01 PM: Message edited by: 96IntegraRS ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Max Psi GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 1999
    Posts
    860
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They are running mid/high 9's at our local 1/8th mile track. Also, you never know, the guy couldve turned his boost up. It doesnt take much talent to do that. Race him again in about a month, im sure engine failure and TSB's are imminent on those cars. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member CivicR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 1999
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did you really want to admit you got beat by a Neon [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] ...I guess it is time to up the boost!!!!! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gsrteggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it's still a neon. thats all you got to say to the guy. You still drive a neon.

    Also, I bet them engines wont last past a few years. And they also run 16g's, and anyone who has owned a DSM, knows these turbos are jank.

    So wish them best of luck with their new found piece of turd.

    BTW, I cant wait to see the resale value, or lack thereof on these piecers.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 1999
    Posts
    795
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    16G turbos are junk? A turbo that gives excellent spoolup/throttle response and still run high 11's ain't too shabby of a turbo.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jay Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2000
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    217gsr:

    You have to know when to pick your races, so 300-400 extra pounds won't help you when it may be close... [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

    Where did you run him? I see a black one occasionally when I leave work, near Bake and Irvine Blvd, but my engine hasn't warmed enough for me to get on it whenever I see him. Hope to line up against him some time out near the strawberry fields... [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah. . . I think it's safe to say that an extra ~400 lbs didn't help. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Maybe if I can catch him again when I'm the only person in the car, it might be a more even race.

    I raced him on Bryan after turning off Culver. Was just curious what all the hype was about.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member JRSC95Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    217gsr,

    I noticed your signature:
    6 psi '95 JRSC GSR w/ 3" intake -> 217 hp/155 ft-lbs.(STD)
    New: 9 psi via MVM Stepper, Cartech 20005, RC 310s, GSS342, B&M Commandflo, JR Map Mod, JR BTC, DC 4-2-1 header, 2.5" Carsound, ACT HDSS, 2.5" custom exhaust w/ Borla XS muffler

    Did you race that Neon with the new stuff installed? And is it tuned?

    Curious, because Sport Compact dynoed a pre-production model Neon at 223 horsepower at the wheels. And with your new mods, you should be pushing like 230 to 240 at the wheels.

    So, I'm thinking that Neon was not stock or at least had the boost turned up..........

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do have those new things installed. Although, they are not tuned. I'd like to believe that I have about 230-240 to the wheels, but most likely, that isn't the case right now. I might have been a better match with just me in the car though. Well, another day. . .

    I'm pretty sure the Neon was bone stock with stock boost. I personally think that car is underrated (power-wise). I read on an independent website that on a chassis dyno, it dyno'd at 223 hp TO THE WHEELS. Isn't it rated 215 at the flywheel?? Insane. . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •